Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Only Publishing On Smashwords

 

Smashwords, Amazon, Kindle, Publishing, Books, Reading, Science Fiction, Erotica

The whole Smashwords/Amazon setup is really dumb. But whatever. I am doing the unthinkable and opting out of Amazon Kindle. That's right now publishing ONLY to Smashwords and their normal sales channels.

This is about Amazons arbitrary censorship and book blocking. I had a book up for 4 years, went to change the price and Amazon, or its power mad purple haired gatekeeper decided it/they didn't like the erotic content.

Erotica authors make the false jump Amazon is employing "Right Wing" Christians to censor their books. Its not. Its young Liberal-Wokists doing it. Been screaming this for years. 

From here on out, I shall only be publishing through Smashwords and its distribution outlets. I think Mark Coker is a sincere champion of Independent Authors and of free speech and probably a last bulwark standing athwart the Big Box Corporatism which we have begun to directly experience. 

What does this mean? Well, you are very unlikely to find one of my books, at least those that are not already there on Amazon - Kindle. At least for the moment those that are there will remain, since I don't want to tip over the ah..., apple cart. 

I can hear the gasps already. I'd advise you to buy directly from Smashwords - Cause then the ebook is yours. When you purchase on Amazon its just a "loan" same goes for I-Apple and its closed garden. Just a loan. There will always be a direct link to Smashwords in a book post. I get the best deal out of this and have the most control.

No comments:

Post a Comment