Monday, January 6, 2020

When JJ Abrams Gets his Mitts on Superman [It Won't be Pretty]

Movies, Superman, DC Comics, DCEU, JJ Abrams, Zack Snyder, Man of Steel,


If you hate Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, and the present state of the DCEU now, just wait until JJ Abrams gets his mitts on Superman. It won't be a pretty picture. However I bet it will be highly praised by establishment media. If the state of Star Wars and Star Trek can help us gauge the result.


I should state upfront.

Man of Steel is my favorite movie. This is as much a surprise to me, as anyone else. But its true. I really like it. Also I don't have a hate for the DCEU Movies and in fat respect them as pieces of film making far more than Disney's Marvel Universe. I don't think they need "Fixing" as I believe they are actually genuine cinematic events which are allowed to be more or less their own things, even if they are somewhat connected to a larger whole and not cookie-cutter products such as Marvel "Event Films".

But my point is. JJ Abrams Superman, whatever form that might end up taking, is likely to be highly praised by Media, but will turn out to be hollow and use nostalgia to try to appeal, but fail even at that as it railroads what on the surface it pretends to honor.

That is JJ Abrams career thus far. Banking on nostalgia to hide the hollowness of his product.

On the bright side. In retrospect people will begin to finally appreciate the genius of Zack Snyder.

No comments:

Post a Comment