Friday, January 10, 2020

Boobs and Dragons: My Disenchantment With Modern Sci-Fi

Daenerys Targaryen, Science Fiction, SJW, NPC, Media

My friend wonders, and constantly asks, why I show no enthusiasm of TV series like Game of Thrones. On paper, I should be. My own fiction, is literally filled with boobs, babes, and guns.

Yet I'm not, and it hes less to do with the series, which yes looks awesome, and I will say I did watch at least two full seasons. But over time, my energy to go out and find it, ebbed greatly. All because, George R. R. Martin clearly demonstrated during the Sad Puppies Hugo Awards blowup, that he really wanted nothing to do with anyone who does not share his political views.


George R. R. Martin, writer of blood, gore, boobs, dragons, and rape proved himself to be a complete Social Justice warrior.

No thanks! I'm not going to reward that.

Of course, over the course of Game of Thrones, series run, the SJW infection has invaded almost all Science Fiction, and entertainment, in general.Now nearly every professional product, be it original material - Or adaptions, and updates of classic franchises have become SJW platforms.

I'd rather watch reruns, and reread books I already own. Modern creators, those in control of the Entertainment Industry, and Sci-Fi in particular have made it clear they aren't making their product for me.

Will this change in the future? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment