Friday, December 13, 2019

Kneeling Robot [Siege Optimus Prime]

Optimus Prime, Siege, War for Cybertron, Toys, Hasbro, Takara

Somehow this vibes with me a whole lot more when I interact with it as an articulated robot figure, one thing it excels at for sure, rather than as a figure that can turn into a truck.



The converting aspect of Siege Optimus Prime is still way over engineered in my opinion. But as a poseable action figure he gets an A+.

Being able to kneel Samurai-style is in fact an achievement. Or looking cool at ease is a thing I always like. Vangelus Central's long overdue review kind of highlighted it for me.

The engineering screams Bay-movie design, way too dependent upon panels (tiny one's at that) to do the job of hiding robot parts, rather than chunks of robot becoming truck. The conversion is my least favorite thing about this figure.

However it gets points in overall robot-mode sculpt and articulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment